Protecting You And Our Team
Here are some of the additions we have made to our infection control protocol since the onset of the pandemic:
- Our office will communicate with you before an appointment to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office as well as screen you for fever.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you. Waiting will take place in the safety of your own vehicles.
- We have installed an air purifier in each operatory, the waiting room and reception area. It filters the air in each room, eliminating bacteria and viruses. It contains a HEPA filter and a UV-C germicidal light.
- We have also purchased extraoral high volume suction units. They will be positioned within inches of the patient's mouth while they are being treated to suction any aerosols directly from the area, preventing its spread into the room. Both the doctor's rooms and the hygiene rooms will have these units.
- Our team members will be wearing additional safety protective equipment for the protection of patients and the team itself.
- We have installed in the air ducts of our office's 3 HVAC systems, a UV-C germicidal light that kills bacteria and viruses 24/7.
- We have a fogger that sprays hypochlorous acid into the air which attaches to viruses and drops them down to the floor, out of the air.
- All patients will pre-rinse their mouths at the start of the appointment, directly after removing their own masks, before treatment is begun with a cleansing solution.
- Our nitrous oxide units now have one-time use, disposable masks and tubing further protecting patients from cross-contamination.
Note that these are in addition to the items of infection control already in place prior to the pandemic that have always exceeded OSHA standards.
Welcome Back ❤
Dr. Edward Magida & Team
A Smile. It costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it lasts forever. None are so rich that they can get along without it, and none are so poor but are richer for a smile. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen, for it is something that is no earthly good to anyone until it is given away.